The history of this Maison founded by Emile Leroy began at the end of the 19th century, in the middle of the "phylloxera age" when most of Europe's vineyards were swept away. It was 1904 when Emile and his wife Pulchérie Griffon decided to enrol their children Louis and Henri in the Beaune school, in order to learn the latest grafting techniques on an American foot. From here to the most recent chapter in the history of this Maison a century has passed. At the top of the company today is the young Juliette Pointillart, representing the fifth generation.
Sustainability and respect for the environment are the guiding threads of every choice applied in the vineyard as well as in the cellar. The property extends mainly in the village of Écueil, classified as Premier Cru over the territory of Montagne de Reims, and today can count on an area planted with vines of more than 5 hectares, distributed on 22 parcels, grown mainly in Pinot Noir in addition to Meunier and Chardonnay. Each parcel is characterized by its own typicality and in the cellar only a few interventions are carried out, aimed at preserving the essential characteristics of the terroir and representing the style of the Maison.