Everything started when Champagne was just wine. The Gosset maison was founded in 1584 by Pierre Gosset, who had inherited his vineyards from his granddad Jean, wine-grower of the small city of Aÿ - today the symbol of Échelle des Crus for its vines 100% Grand Cru.
On its 425th anniversary, the maison moved to Epernay in 2009 and concentrated his offices in the Trouillard Palace, a beautiful building from the 20th century, characterised by 5km of old chalky tunnels, 20m deep and with a stable humidity at 80%. This place takes its name from its founder, Felix Potin, and hosts annually around 2 million bottles.
The vinification process avoid the malolactic fermentation, in order to preserve the precious malic acid - responsible for the natual fresh and fruity aroma. Stainless stell tanks are used and undergo batonagge as a choice of style to avod oxydation, reducing the yeast cotè reducteur. Cuvées san année contains 30% of vins de reserve (from the previous two years of vintage), to ensure the peculiar taste of the maison during centuries.